Friday, June 3, 2022 | 11am PT
- Chrishelle Palay, Executive Director, HOME Coalition in Houston
- Andrea Mercado, Executive Director, Florida Rising
- Amanda Devecker-Rinear, Founder and Executive Director, NJ Resource Project
- Ashley Shelton, Executive Director, Power Coalition for Equity and Justice (Louisiana)
- Miya Yoshitani, Senior Strategist, Asian Pacific Environmental Network (California)
Disaster Relief System Broken
June 1 marks the start of wildfire and hurricane season. Community activists from Florida to New Jersey, California to Louisiana and Texas, under the banner of Organizing Resilience, for the first time are working together to pressure elected leaders to address a failed disaster relief system and the PTSD, fear and economic impact that failure has had on their communities. They will discuss what they are planning for the current season and what they need government at all levels to do.