Celebrating the people working in ethnic media journalism
Sponsored by Ethnic Media Services and California Black Media
2020 California Ethnic Media Awards Entry Rules
- Each entry must be submitted with a separate online entry form
- All entries must be submitted via the EMS Awards online entry form no later than February 25, 2021
- Entries must have been published or aired between January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020.
- Entries must have been published or aired by a news media organization of any size located in and serving ethnic communities in California.
- A story/series/segment may only be submitted in one category. Please select the category which best fits your entry.
- We reserve the right to move an entry from one category to another
- Each outlet should have only one entry per category.
- An entry can include a series of no more than 3 articles or segments.
- Entrants are required to submit English-language summaries of entries written in a language other than English.
- If the judges deem it appropriate, no award may be presented in a particular category.
- EMS associated staffers are not eligible to submit entries.
- Incomplete entries will not be considered.
FIRST PLACE WINNERS WILL RECEIVE AN AWARD OF $1,000 AND A CERTIFICATE OF MERIT. HONORABLE MENTIONS WILL RECEIVE $250 AND A CERTIFICATE OF MERIT.
SELECTIVE JUDGES WILL BE ANNOUNCED.
Please create a Google account if you don’t have one in order to submit your entries