Ethnic Media Services does this by:
• Convening roundtable briefings that bring ethnic media together with experts, officials, nonprofit leaders and advocates to exchange perspectives on urgent issues, generate media coverage and expand cross-cultural and cross-sector communications.
• Organizing professional trainings and fellowships for ethnic media reporters that expand their knowledge of key issues, connect them to sources and provide financial support for in-depth reporting.
• Coordinating social media and marketing campaigns that enable government agencies, foundations, nonprofits and public affairs firms to customize messaging that resonate with diverse audiences and expand ethnic media’s access to critically needed ad revenue.
• Producing, translating and syndicating multilingual original news stories to ethnic news media partners on how policy issues impact their audiences, helping bridge the information gap between the public realm and otherwise isolated
• Developing communications projects with underserved groups that deepen their engagement with and amplify their voices in the public realm.
• Profiling ethnic media practitioners that puts a human face on an otherwise invisible ethnic media sector.