AAPI Women have largely remained invisible in the divisive fight over abortion rights. The Supreme Court is preparing to release its opinion on the Dobbs vs. Jackson’s Women’s Health Organization case. The Court’s decision—a draft of which was leaked last week—is expected to immediately gut abortions in at least 22 states. At this briefing, panelists will discuss the impact of the expected Supreme Court decision on AAPI women and communities.
- Congresswoman Judy Chu, D-California
- Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal, D-Washington
- Sung Yeon Choimorrow, Executive Director, The National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum
- Aliza Kazmi, Co Executive Director, HEART Women and Girls
- John C. Yang, President and Executive Director, Asian Americans Advancing Justice—AAJC
WHEN: Friday, May 13, 11 am-12 noon PT | 1-2 pm CT | 2-3 pm ET